FORUMS: list search recent posts

Round layer's corners

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Filip Stillerska
Round layer's corners
on Oct 4, 2019 at 7:11:28 pm

How do I round a square/rectangular layer's corners? I would also like to have control over how much it is rounded...

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
Re: Round layer's corners
on Oct 5, 2019 at 12:45:08 am

You can create square/rectangular Shape layers with round corners using the Rounded Rectangle Tool (use the dropdown next to the pen tool) - set the roundness in its Contents > Rectangle 1 >Rectangle Path 1 > Roundness. You can use these as Track Mattes if you need to round off the corners of other layers, images etc.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Oct 8, 2019 at 12:19:27 pm

Use the Channel Blur effect. Blur just the alpha by something like 100.
Then, apply the Levels effect. Change the Channel dropdown at the top of the Levels effect to Alpha. Crush the levels effect so that the three triangles are somewhere in the middle. Alpha Input Black to 132 and Alpha Input White to 142 - for example.
Those values will give you a very round corner on your image. The amount of blur in the Channel Blur effect will determine how rounded your edges are.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Filip Stillerska
on Oct 8, 2019 at 3:40:42 pm

Wow! This really worked, thank you! How did you come up with this? I didn't know the Channel Blur effect blurred things in such a rounded fashion?!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Oct 8, 2019 at 7:43:46 pm

I don't know how I thought about it. I guess just experience over time.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]