FORUMS: list search recent posts

Font names and Adobe products?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Saxon Rix
Font names and Adobe products?
on Oct 2, 2019 at 8:23:46 pm

Has anyone every had issues with Adobe and font names?

For example my colleague and I have both worked on a project which uses the Open Sans Condensed Light & Open Sans Condensed Bold fonts.

We both have those fonts on our computers and they're activated from the same source (font base - google fonts)

Let's say he started the project on his computer, then I load it in mine at a later date to make some changes. Adobe AE pops up saying it can't resolve those fonts...

Since it says it can't be resolved I have no choice but to click ok and to manually link the fonts myself.

Using the script 'pt text edit' I can see the general cause of the issue is because his computer has named the font 'opensanscondensed-light' where as mine has named it 'opensans-condensedlight' which is odd since were using the exact same way of getting the fonts.

I've also seen this happen when directly installing the exact same fonts from the same files on both computers.

It's really frustrating and often time consuming when this happens.

I see this happen between PC & Mac (which is a little more understandable) but also PC & PC (like the above case)

Is there a fix for this?

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
Re: Font names and Adobe products?
on Oct 6, 2019 at 4:57:45 pm

Not had this one myself.

Are these fonts In all these fans installed on your computers or are they downloaded via the Adobe fonts thing?

If it’s that they’re installed on your computers, I’m wondering if it could it be that you’ve got different versions of the same font. It might be worth deleting those fonts from the Font folder and then reinstalling them on both computers and then that way you know you’ve definitely got the same version.

If it’s Adobe Fonts, maybe it’s not connecting to the Internet just at the moment when you’re opening up the project file?? That’s my best guess and I’m sorry if this doesn’t help.

http://www.YouTube.com/ShiveringCactus - Free FX for amateur films
http://shiveringcactus.wordpress.com/ - FX blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]