FORUMS: list search recent posts

old/young-dinosaur/phone holder

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
grinner hester
old/young-dinosaur/phone holder
on Sep 30, 2019 at 10:55:11 pm

I posted something on FB today and it's getting some interesting responses. I thought I'd share what I wrote here:

Just had a dude, interview style, ask me how many years of After Effects experience I have. When I told him 25 years, he scoffed and said AE hasn't existed that long. I asked him his age. He was 24. Lol
Bless his lil heart.

I was asked about film cutting as fair comparison so:
When I first started editing video in the 80s, I seized every chance I could to hop on a flat bed with film. I knew at the very least lingo would trickle down.
I don't doubt my ignorance on tips and tricks of old school film cutting but I'd never look at an old editor and tell him razor blades didn't exist when he was using them.

So, which is worse... the person in power not knowing the history of our tools or how to use them, or stating false things as fact? Both are dangerous to the company, of course.

In the end I simply asked to speak with his father.

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: old/young-dinosaur/phone holder
on Oct 1, 2019 at 5:29:17 pm

Well, to be fair to the first dude, If you'd ask me how long have I been toying with AE I'd had to think pretty hard about it and I would probably answer something shorter than 20 years. But taking the time and thinking in hindsight I'm sure the first version I've used was 3.1, so I'm almost up to you on that. (may have go to it a couple years later than release though)

And I'm 35! yeah. I remember my older brother, working from home, using premiere with a crapload of tracks to be able to get the basic level of compositing AE revolutionized (at least to us) when it became available.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]