FORUMS: list search recent posts

A MOGRT of infinite duration?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kieran Lefort
A MOGRT of infinite duration?
on Sep 25, 2019 at 4:21:24 pm

I think I already know the answer, but let's give this a go anyway...

I'm having to create a lot of Essential Graphics templates for novice/non-editors to use in Premiere (don't get me started...) We export videos in 16:9, 1:1 and 9:16 (again, don't get me started) and every video needs a corner logo burnt in.

It has recently come to light that some of the people who need to use these had never even heard of a PNG file, were baffled by the idea of dragging one onto a timeline and extending it to cover their edit. Furthermore, they were positively stupefied by the notion of moving said PNG so the logo still appears in the correct corner when the aspect ratio is anything other than 16:9.

As most people seem to be getting to grips with using them, I thought I might be able to solve this with a MOGRT, where the logo appears in the correct place by use of a slider. I've done this with elements on some of the other templates and it works well.

My question, after all that waffle, is this: is it possible to export a MOGRT with no definite end or beginning, so the ends may be dragged like a still, to cover a Premiere timeline of whatever length?

Or am I going to have to educate this lot in right click > Add Frame Hold?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: A MOGRT of infinite duration?
on Sep 25, 2019 at 7:42:11 pm

Maybe you could do it with a Media Encoder preset that adds an image overlay as an effect?

I do think that providing a still and instructions -- even a quickie 15-second tutorial on the process -- would be the most fool-proof in the long run, though.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Kieran Lefort
on Sep 26, 2019 at 10:52:05 am

I think adding Media Encoder into the mix would only complicate things further.

It's massively frustrating that these people have figured out how to use MOGRTS, but when I sent them a PNG asked me why it didn't have all the checkboxes and sliders the other stuff I gave them has.

Return to posts index

Kieran Lefort
on Oct 3, 2019 at 3:44:18 pm

Just to wrap this up and to help for anyone else stuck in the same spot, I've solved my original issue.

All you need to do is add a Protected Region to the start and end of the Master comp before exporting as an EG template.

So in this case, I had a 5 sec comp and just used the work area bar and Composition > Responsive Design - Time > Create Protected Region from Work Area to apply a 1 sec Protected Region to the beginning and end of the comp.

In Premiere, the resulting MOGRT doesn't have the usual start/end of clip triangles (I'm sure they have a proper name) in the corners and can be stretched for as long as I want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]