FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera movement issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Bruzek
Camera movement issues
on Sep 25, 2019 at 12:58:07 pm

I am working on a map project and have created an animated line that goes from the different spots on the map (I used the pen tool on a shape layer with no fill so I could animate it with trim paths)
& have 2 issues, and I haven't used many cameras in AE before so they may be simple enough.

1. I want the camera to look down on the line and follow it. I have tried copying the path to the position of the null for the camera and it did follow pretty well, but the map moved along with it leaving blank spots in the video.

2. I'd like it to have a little depth, perhaps at a slight angle so it looks like a map on a table. What I've managed so far is jus a straight down facing camera.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I spent most of yesterday afternoon trying to figure this out. I would normally have a sample of my work, but I am typing from my phone and don't have the files handy at the moment

Return to posts index

Nick Bruzek
Re: Camera movement issues
on Sep 26, 2019 at 12:33:34 pm

So I've figured most of it out, but am still having a little trouble. I have managed a good camera angle, and have it following my line nicely, but for some reason the dots I have that are supposed to pop up as the line hits them are not staying in place

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Sep 26, 2019 at 4:04:49 pm

Can you explain what "stays in place" mean?
Are you using linear keys or....

Return to posts index

Nick Bruzek
on Sep 27, 2019 at 5:02:46 pm

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I made another post with an actual file if you want to check it out

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]