FORUMS: list search recent posts

It's not working (Visual demonstration)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Reed
It's not working (Visual demonstration)
on Sep 18, 2019 at 8:27:30 pm

Hey everyone. I've run into a bit of a snag. I've gotten the smoke how I want it, but when it comes to getting the smoke to track the gun barrel, it just won't sync up. I've looked all over online and nothing is working. I have a video showing the problem

Please help.
Thank you.

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
Re: It's not working (Visual demonstration)
on Sep 18, 2019 at 11:25:15 pm

Hi. I presume you are using a particle system for the smoke? If so you need to keyframe the Emitter to move with the barrel - you might even be able to manually keyframe the position with some care.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Reed
on Sep 19, 2019 at 1:33:36 pm

I am using the particle emitter. I did the "Track Camera" on the source clip. Detailed analysis and Solve Method Typical. I created a solid following the tracker points around the gun barrel. I just can't get the emitter to motion track with the tracker points that are attached to the gun barrel.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Sep 19, 2019 at 3:02:34 pm

The camera tracker is for tracking camera movement in 3D space. Use the normal point tracker if you're tracking objects or keyframe it manually because the clip is pretty short.

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
on Sep 21, 2019 at 1:07:46 am

Just checking - when you say 'the emitter' you do mean the actual "Emitter" that is listed in the pull down for the effect in the Effect Control panel?

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
on Sep 22, 2019 at 1:34:30 pm

Yeah, Tero means the emitter’s position. Not sure which particle system you’re using, but the emitter will have position coordinates available to set. Looks like you do have position data from your grid layer (although that might be a static position if you’ve used camera tracking). You just need to copy this data to your particle emitter’s position.

http://www.YouTube.com/ShiveringCactus - Free FX for amateur films
http://shiveringcactus.wordpress.com/ - FX blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]