FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Pull to center" radial blur?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Gruwier
"Pull to center" radial blur?
on Sep 12, 2019 at 12:33:57 pm

I remember seeing a post asking about the same thing a long while ago, but that was several years ago, and I'm hoping there might be news on this front.

Does anyone know of a "pull towards center" version of radial blur, or a simple technique to achieving the same thing?
Essentially the opposite of this:

I trying to create a Star Wars style hologram beam:
The way I've done it now is with an expression that duplicates the layer like 100 times, scaling them down and spacing them out evenly between the original position and a null position. It's really messy and slow, not a good solution.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: "Pull to center" radial blur?
on Sep 12, 2019 at 4:17:06 pm

CC Light Rays does exactly this. You'll just need to play with it a bit to get the rays going the right direction. If you set the shape to Square, you can choose the direction of the light.

This might also be helpful:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 All Rights Reserved