So I have a fast moving shot with layers of particle stock footage which have nice highlights, but when I switch on motion blur those highlights are gone and give a very fake look (here is before and after)
Is there a way to retain the highlights like you can see in this example here? Thanks
1. Duplicate particles layer.
2. Key-out shadows/dark areas.
3. Add some feather.
4. Do not apply motion for this layer.
5. Put it at the top of the layers stack.
6. Try playing around with blending modes and opacity on top.
Not sure whether it would look acceptable, but this is what I would try to do first.