FORUMS: list search recent posts

weird layers not turning off when they are off

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ben wolfinsohn
weird layers not turning off when they are off
on Aug 23, 2019 at 4:22:36 pm

a really weird thing is happening. I've been using AE for over 20 years and don't think I've ever seen this before.

so I have 2 layers. a video and text layer. the video layer goes from frame 1 - 20, the text layer starts on frame 21 and goes to frame 40. but when i go over frames 21 to 30 it shows the text onto of the image. but there is no image under the text layer. so if i turn off all eyes except for the text layer it still shows both text and image! even if i render it out it does this. if it hit the solo button so its only soloing the text layer it now shows only text. but the solo isn't really doing anything because there is only 1 layer on anyway.

any ideas from anyone??

thanks!

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
Re: weird layers not turning off when they are off
on Aug 25, 2019 at 9:45:33 am

I've not had this myself, but I have been picking up a few new weird issues. Could this be something to do with SnapShot? I've just had a quick scan through the release notes for the last few releases and not spotted anything.

And have you tried clearing the image cache?

If you are happy to send me the project file, i can open it and see if i have the same issue here.

http://www.YouTube.com/ShiveringCactus - Free FX for amateur films
http://shiveringcactus.wordpress.com/ - FX blog

Return to posts index

ben wolfinsohn
Re: weird layers not turning off when they are off
on Aug 25, 2019 at 4:21:16 pm

I cleared all cache, and rendered out the secant to different resolutions as well. and the issue never went away. was easy to fix with a workaround, but no idea why it happened. will try to get you a file...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]