FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to assign any shape to a spine like illustrator and it animate along that spine

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jerry plunk
how to assign any shape to a spine like illustrator and it animate along that spine
on Aug 22, 2019 at 7:37:13 pm

i have a vector shape in illustrator that needs to travel along a path in AE. It is similar to a hot dog shape but can not be created as a dash due to the lack of end cap choices in AE. as it travels, it needs to bend and flex around the corners of the path until it reaches the end. i've tried trim paths and that is the closest that i can get to it.

Similar to blend to spine in AI but the hot dog needs to bend as it travels. Any input would be appreciated. thank you.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: how to assign any shape to a spine like illustrator and it animate along that spine
on Aug 22, 2019 at 9:30:21 pm

i mean the path can just be copied into the position keyframe of the hot dog...making it bend will require puppet tool proably

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: how to assign any shape to a spine like illustrator and it animate along that spine
on Aug 22, 2019 at 9:48:28 pm

Perhaps BAO's Boa plugin will do what you want:

https://aescripts.com/bao-boa/

Return to posts index

jerry plunk
on Aug 22, 2019 at 10:23:56 pm

thank you! that is exactly what i need! many thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]