FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D Room

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Wilde
3D Room
on Aug 22, 2019 at 9:16:23 am

Hi all

I need to create a 3D room with furniture in it. In actual fact it doesn't need to be a completely closed room, just like a film set i.e back wall and side wall with a section a the front where I'll place my camera. The camera will zoom in/out and move around.

Obviously this all needs to be done in 3d but the walls and some of the items in the furniture may need their appearance changing i.e different wall covering/colours etc. So I was intending to set up each wall as a separate comp (so I could change things within this if necessary - artwork is created in Illustrator so presumably this would auto update if I needed it to) and then the items inside also made up of comps. For example shelving/tables etc etc.

Is the way I've described the above the best way to set up an animation like this? Or is there an easier way?

Any help much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: 3D Room
on Aug 23, 2019 at 12:12:22 am

I think that's a reasonable approach that will help keep the project organized and flexible.

Depending on just how 3D you need this to be, you might consider looking into Element 3D (third-party plugin) or CINEMA 4D Lite (bundled with Adobe CC).

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Mark Wilde
Re: 3D Room
on Aug 23, 2019 at 12:44:35 pm

Thanks for your feedback Walter.

I've actually started having a play around with this and it seems to be going ok so far. Only issue is the render time. Gets there in the end but I've only just started and already it's pretty slow!

I'm working on an imac (3.3GHz i5) 24GB RAM AMD Radeon R9 2048 MB graphucs card.

I'm guessing this is not powerful enough for some heavyweight 3d rendering?

Also do you know if there are any resources where you can buy stock ready rendered household 3D objects? Houseplants etc and that kind of thing?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]