FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advanced object animation along a path (centrifugal force)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Krzysztof Bednarski
Advanced object animation along a path (centrifugal force)
on Aug 17, 2019 at 8:52:20 pm

Hi!
I just joined. First of all - a big thank you to the community here. Your knowledge has helped me solve many problems.

My problem
Imagine a snake. A simple vector stroke. This snake creates different line/stroke logos. From one logo it morphs into another.The simplest way would be to use "trim paths" and have it move along a motion path.

Now let's take it up a notch. The snake is moving very fast so to create a more natural looking movement during sharp turns, the back part of the snake needs to be thrusted outwards for a while (to simulate centrifugal force). I visualized roughly what I mean here:

So, I must have a motion path, to begin and end on the desired shape/logo. But while moving, I need to independently move only the back part of the snake off the motion path and back on it.

There are scripts and plugins like "Omino" to bend layers along a motion path, but that doesn't really help with having that natural movement of the back part of the snake which goes off the path. I also tried Newton (joining many dots with joints and later connecting them via a script "connect layers") but Newton doesn't work for me in this case - too wiggly/wobbly ☺

Solution?
Any ideas how would you approach this in the most efficient way? I have a couple of these to do, so also, if you know any scripts or plugins which would make this easier, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Chris

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]