FORUMS: list search recent posts

Repeating Looping Lines

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan German
Repeating Looping Lines
on Aug 16, 2019 at 6:03:35 pm

Hello, I am trying to figure out how I would go about creating an effect with looping lines going across the screen with different sizes and positions - something similar to this:

I can't find any tutorials for this kind of thing anywhere. It looks like such a basic effect, but I can't figure out how I would go about duplicating & looping the lines. I can't imagine they're possibly animating every line individually as that would take forever and seems like it would be unnecessary. Is it possible this effect is using some kind of particle system? Or am I just missing something super simple. Any input?

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Repeating Looping Lines
on Aug 16, 2019 at 7:04:26 pm

Its just a particle system with different sized lines as particles. Its easily doable with Stardust or Particular.

The movement, position, orientation and color randomness are controlled by the plugin, while the glow and overall vibe are post effects.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Nathan German
on Aug 16, 2019 at 7:53:30 pm

Is it possible / easy to accomplish something similar with CC Particle World (or any other native AE effects)?

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Aug 19, 2019 at 7:26:20 pm

yes it is...make a particle system shoot particles out how you like..then precomp and add echo with a very small timing factor and st to behind or on top...takes a while to render but it works

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]