FORUMS: list search recent posts

Absorbing Radio Waves - Dynamically

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tim tippets
Absorbing Radio Waves - Dynamically
on Aug 16, 2019 at 2:09:25 pm

I’ve got an odd one here and I’m hoping someone has some ideas. Here’s the deal.

I’m using the radio waves effect to express how acoustic absorption works. I setup a square composition and centered the radio waves in the middle. I turned on reflection so the waves are hitting the boundaries of the solid and coming back toward the center, which is great, exactly what I want for step one. Now I want to insert shapes or whatever as acoustic panels on the “walls” of the composition, have the radio waves hit the acoustic panels but be absorbed and not bounce back toward the center of the comp. And those parts of the waves that don’t hit the acoustic panels would still bounce back. Tough, I know. Any ideas and thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Absorbing Radio Waves - Dynamically
on Aug 16, 2019 at 2:20:44 pm

Maybe you could use Newton for this simulation:
https://aescripts.com/newton/

It might be worth trying the demo.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

tim tippets
on Aug 16, 2019 at 2:39:32 pm

That looks interesting. Can’t hurt to give the trial a shot. Pricey for this one-off, though. Thinking about how I can use it moving forward as well. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Aug 16, 2019 at 3:21:15 pm

..i wish i could see a simple drawing though as im still a bit confused..but if its how I think it is then couldnt you play with the longevity of the waves so that they fade right after bouncing..or maybe you could use vc reflect as your acoustic panels.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]