FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE Templates

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan McAlpine
AE Templates
on Jul 29, 2019 at 1:33:12 pm

I make a lot of :30 and :15 spots and have to come up with new ideas and get them out the door quickly. To save time, I often I use Storyblocks or Videohive to grab After Effects templates. I feel like I've used the best of what these guys have to offer and I'm looking for other places to purchase templates from. Does anybody have advice for high quality templates?

Nathan McAlpine
Sales Promotion & Commercial Producer- WDIV-TV4

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: AE Templates
on Jul 29, 2019 at 6:56:32 pm

How about creating your own? "new ideas" is a bit of a misnomer here. If you're just buying templates, the ideas are not your own...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Nathan McAlpine
on Jul 29, 2019 at 11:02:48 pm

That was helpful...

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
on Jul 30, 2019 at 7:25:58 am

Hey Nathan, well, I couldn't agree more with Joseph, he definitely has a strong and correct point.

At the same time, I understand that not everybody has enough time and sanity, to create something as complex as templates can offer. While by using them you loose sense of uniqueness, if it does not make a major difference to your business - thats completely fine.

Now talking about other templates sources, most of websites offers similar style/complexity templates. Only visuals varies, so there won't be a brand new different world to discover. With that said, you could look at such sites like:
https://www.pond5.com/after-effects/
https://motionarray.com/browse/after-effects-templates

However, I have a strong sense that currently, you are running into 'consumerism' state, where its never get enough. Instead, if you don't want to build projects from scratch, think of combining different templates and making more complex customisation to them. In such way, you will not run short of templates that fast ☺

Good luck!

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.
Boxer - Dynamic Text Boxes Template with a Live Preview

Return to posts index

Nathan McAlpine
on Jul 30, 2019 at 1:43:18 pm

Joseph definitely does not have a strong point. If somebody wants to run a spot tomorrow and they have no creative, I throw some images into a template and 'poof' they have a spot. I don't care if the 'ideas are my own'. What does that matter? Low budget = less time spent on a project.

Thanks for the links. I will check them out.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jul 30, 2019 at 1:50:43 pm

An oldie but a goodie (to a point) is Digital Juice.
I use to create my own templates until I had to take on my positions.
What is fun is taking others templates and reverse engineering them to make it your own.
But that's assuming you have the patience and time.

Return to posts index

Nathan McAlpine
on Jul 30, 2019 at 1:59:13 pm

I usually customize the template into something new. Unless it's a last second add on that I have to knock out in a couple hours. Sometimes when I'm stuck, it's nice to just look at templates to spark an idea. I've never heard of Digital Juice, thanks!

Nathan McAlpine
Sales Promotion & Commercial Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]