FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion graphic comp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ido steven
Motion graphic comp
on Jul 23, 2019 at 5:26:26 am

hello everyone.
In my daily practice, I'm trying to concentrate in video explainer (with vectors mainly) and I find it very hard to decide where to start the comp, where to put the object, maybe left or right and etc.
Can someone recommend me on info source that can help me understand comp rules? where its better for me put objects whice size color and ect
thank you all so much!

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
Re: Motion graphic comp
on Jul 23, 2019 at 1:12:54 pm

Hey Ido, simply said - there a no rules, but recommendations, which, however, is most often comes from personal preferences, and overall structural thinking. To break this apart:

1. Pre-compositing:
~ Pre-comp all the items/objects which 'potentially' might be re-used, or could require tweaking 'after' when they were created.
~ Pre-comp all the texts.

Whenever you are going to animate/transform and do any other actions with those pre-comps, you will save yourself from hassle of running into changes, afterwards. Comps are just containers, which can have objects or their references inside.

2. Organise your project into logical sections - whether these are scenes in explainer, or topic related portions. Separating them logically and adding objects into their unique comps will help you, especially with revisions in place.

3. ALWAYS keep organised project panel, NEVER leave it as a mess.
~ When pre-compositing, make proper item names.
~ When its done, make sure to put items into their respective folders by 'meaning'.

Everything else will come with a practise ;)

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.
Boxer - Dynamic Text Boxes Template with a Live Preview

Return to posts index

Ido steven
on Jul 23, 2019 at 4:27:43 pm

Hey Thomas thanks for the answer.

Is there a place where can i upload video and get pro review?

I think it will help me a lot!

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
on Jul 23, 2019 at 5:14:06 pm

Ido, I don't think there is such service in general - but you could always drop something here and chances are high readers will share their opinions accordingly.

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.
Boxer - Dynamic Text Boxes Template with a Live Preview

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 23, 2019 at 7:30:11 pm

[Ido steven] "Can someone recommend me on info source that can help me understand comp rules? where its better for me put objects whice size color and ect"

I recommend "The Non-Designer's Design Book" by Robin Williams as a solid and approachable introduction to graphic design principles.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]