FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't get logo transparent again.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Wiechers
Can't get logo transparent again.
on Jul 22, 2019 at 1:20:02 pm

So..

Made this intro screen, with a partly transparent (PNG) spinning logo.

Now I have changed the image of the logo a bit. Changed the letter S to the Z and made it transparent again. Saved under the same name under the assumption,
after effects will use the same animations to this new image after I made the alterations to the image it self.. The contrast etc.. Little stuff..

But now the logo is not transparent anymore. You do see the small black and white boxes so you can see its an transparent PNG..

But it doesnt get transparent as you see here.. The background is not coming through. I have toggled the transparency grid on and off and nothing changes. but I do not know what to do.

Does this mean I have to do the whole logo animation with a new picture from the ground up again??

Return to posts index

Andy Engelkemier
Re: Can't get logo transparent again.
on Jul 22, 2019 at 2:28:31 pm

I don't believe there is enough information listed here to help. Were you trying to attach a video or image for context?

Anyway, the last question, probably No. But you'll want to post a screengrab of your layers at least. Do you have an adjustment layer? That might cause this. Or are you using any modes that aren't set to Normal?

You can Always do something sloppy like duplicating your comp, precompose the whole thing, and use one of them with No adjustments, as a track matte. So you'd use one with all the animation, but only use the alpha. So you can eliminate all the effects that might be used to adjust color and whatnot.
I wouldn't recommend that, but if you're in a bind it will work.

To figure out the cause, start at the bottom, and turn on one layer at a time with the transparency grid turned on. You should be able to figure out the cause once it's no longer transparent.

Also, if you edited images, you May have changed something. Like, if transparency was saved as an alpha channel, but you saved with transparency in the image. Right click on the footage and choose, "interpret footage" to be sure the alpha mode is set correctly.

Return to posts index

Tim Wiechers
Re: Can't get logo transparent again.
on Jul 22, 2019 at 2:33:33 pm

It's solved 🙂

I had to import the image anew. That solved it all

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]