FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why not frame blend ALL layers?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Jehan
Why not frame blend ALL layers?
on Jul 19, 2019 at 1:56:36 pm
Last Edited By Andrew Jehan on Jul 19, 2019 at 2:14:03 pm

I'm working on a music video composition that I imported from Premiere. It has lots of quick edits, and about 10% of the shots are time-stretched. Unfortunately, the import from Premiere doesn't keep the frame blending on the the time-stretched layers and I can't tell by looking at the comp which layers are time-stretched and which are not. That means I'd have to click on each one of the thousand layers and go into the time dialogue to figure it out. That would take forever.

I thought a good solution would be to turn on frame blending for all the layers, but the Adobe help site says,

"Don’t apply frame blending unless the video of a layer has been re-timed—that is, the video is playing at a different frame rate than the frame rate of the source video."

Why is that? And does anyone have any suggestions on what to do here?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Why not frame blend ALL layers?
on Jul 19, 2019 at 6:52:16 pm

There's a stretch column that you can reveal in your timeline that should show you which ones have been time stretched. I'm not sure why Adobe admonishes you not to frame blend all the things though.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]