FORUMS: list search recent posts

When is a good moment to render a comp to add effects to it and proceed to the last render?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felipe Prado
When is a good moment to render a comp to add effects to it and proceed to the last render?
on Jul 17, 2019 at 10:22:12 pm

When is a good moment to render a comp to add effects to it?

To give you an example, let's say I make a comp, and inside that comp I have this really big animation, it contains a lot of layer and all of them are white, because later I will add color to it, will add other effects and stuff, my question is, when should you jump to that stage, to colorize it and add other effects, also considering I will be using 3D and camera on it!

Let me know thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: When is a good moment to render a comp to add effects to it and proceed to the last render?
on Jul 18, 2019 at 2:37:47 am

You can pre-render [link] or proxy [link] any time you want, but I would recommend leaving everything in your comp live all the time.

Pre-rendering means that change management becomes more difficult; some changes could require you to go back to the beginning, make a set of changes, render, import, and then make additional changes on top of the new render.

If you need to work a little faster, here are some performance tips (especially the last three sections):
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/improve-performance.html

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]