FORUMS: list search recent posts

Buzz word effect, but use a control slider for speed

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Nevens
Buzz word effect, but use a control slider for speed
on Jul 10, 2019 at 6:20:44 pm

Hi there, thanks in advance for help with this. I've looked everywhere online but can't figure this out.

Question: Is there a way to use the Buzz Words expression, but link it to a slider so I can 1) slow down the effect as it comes to the end and 2) also make it so 100 is the equivalent of being on the last word in the list?

End goal: I have a list of names that my client wants to quickly cycle through. As it gets to the end, they want it to slow down and then stop. Easy enough for a one off project, but they want to add names periodically, so I want to make it simple to add new names, and render as is without altering anything else like key frames.

My work around right now is pre-comping a sequence that has 1 title per second, and then using Time Remaping, but this method will require me to mess with the key frame every time I add more names.

I'm not married to Buzz Words if there is another way, I just thought that would be the easiest.

Thanks again for any suggestions!

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Buzz word effect, but use a control slider for speed
on Jul 11, 2019 at 2:42:25 pm

When i add the Buzz words expression it gives me a slider that i can animate. You dont have that slider?

Return to posts index

Sam Nevens
Re: Buzz word effect, but use a control slider for speed
on Jul 11, 2019 at 3:26:56 pm

That seems to control the frame rate. I'm looking to have it control the word that is displaying. So 1 would be the first word, 2 the second word and so on. Or in a perfect world, 1 - 100 meant cycle through the list with 1 being the first word and 100 being the last word in the list, no matter how many words there are. That way I can just keep the keyframes starting at one and easing into 100, and keep adding to the list without changing anything else.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]