FORUMS: list search recent posts

Footage one frame off

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Dawson
Footage one frame off
on Jul 10, 2019 at 11:33:57 am

Hi guys. I've run into an extremely frustrating issue which I hope you can help with.

When I updated from AE 15 to AE 16, I opened a project from the former. Everything works fine in the converted project but for one thing. One source, which is used many times, seems to have been interpreted incorrectly. In every layer in which it's used, the footage is one frame ahead of where it should be, so each layer ends with the first frame of the next shot rather than the final frame of the shot I'm working on.

I haven't been able to find a solution on the forum. It's a 23.976fps file, and all I can think to do at this point is add a black frame to the source footage and replace it in the project panel. Is there a better way?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Footage one frame off
on Jul 10, 2019 at 5:27:04 pm

That sounds really weird -- are really frustrating!

No need to replace the footage with different rendered footage, though. You can right-click the footage and choose "Replace with Precomp (used X time[s])." This will wrap your footage in its own precomp, and replace every use of the footage item throughout your project with the precomp instead. Then you can tweak the footage within the precomp.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Antoine Dorni
Re: Footage one frame off
on Jul 22, 2019 at 6:17:15 am

What codec is your source footage ?

I think I saw this kind of issues with H264. I fixed that bug in AfterCodecs (https://autokroma.com/AfterCodecs/) if you don't use the Youtube H264 profile then it's going to reimport fine without frames missing

AfterCodecs and BRAW Studio plugins for Adobe CC https://autokroma.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]