FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particle World Depth Cue Fog

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Diogo Mendes-Pinto
Particle World Depth Cue Fog
on Jul 9, 2019 at 11:09:27 am

Hi,

I'm creating depth of field in my particles created in particle world by making a depth map using a duplicate of my original particle world layer and checking the depth cue - fog parameter as in this videocopilot post https://www.videocopilot.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=464

The problem is that I can't see anything happen when I add the fog. I'm not even sure, but I'm guessing that the further particles get foggy.

I'm on a 2018 Macbook Pro, Mojave 10.14.5, AE CC19 16.1.2

Thank you,
Diogo

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Particle World Depth Cue Fog
on Jul 9, 2019 at 2:54:21 pm

on black, fog looks more like depth sorting the lower number starts at the camera and the higher number goes to the horizon. ..in order for fog to look like fog it must be the same color as the background..play with the color and you will see....and lastly is there any depth in your particles? it looks flat to me

Return to posts index

Diogo Mendes-Pinto
on Jul 9, 2019 at 6:22:51 pm

Thank you for your response Richard.

Reading your response I realised that my expectation for the further particulares to became foggy (blurred) doesn't make much sense on a depth map. They should became darker, and that doesn't happen either.

The particles look flat because there is no depth in CC Particle World, thats why I'm building this Depth Map to be called by the effect Lens Camera Blur. I already cranked up the Fog value a lot to see if anything happens with no luck. I'm guessing this is a bug but I never saw this parameter being used so I'm not sure if it's me or a bug.

By the way, the particles are static and spread on all three axis. Could this be the problem?

Thank you,
Diogo

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Jul 9, 2019 at 10:46:42 pm

if fog really is not working for you...wait...let me check something............Your gonna slap yourself...Fog does not work for lens convex, concave, or a few other presets...make the particle a textured disc linked to a smaller precomped whited solid layer and problem solved

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Jul 9, 2019 at 10:47:37 pm

and getting depth using the lens camera blur...a pretty nice idea for a workaround...long time to render though i bet

Return to posts index

Diogo Mendes-Pinto
on Jul 11, 2019 at 1:35:08 pm

Thank you Richard and sorry for the late response.

You're right, with the texture disc the the Fog parameter works.

Thanks for the help.

Diogo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]