FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Fixing Constantly Changing White Balance

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris Wright
Re: Fixing Constantly Changing White Balance
on Jul 9, 2019 at 3:55:17 am

i added a curves to the hue precomp mode 'color'. then I lowered red white point and green white point(little less than red). i set final output comp -master white balance slider to 35.

everything matches perfectly except the one shot where the cell phone takes up the whole screen. you'd have to mask it in the precomp.
it was never flickering like crazy in the first place, so my template perhaps maybe overkill and if you'd like to learn how to do advanced color grading, I made a 60 sec video in premiere that goes over black point, white point, gamma, 3-D white balance.

I think the main problem you had was a low CRI light source on top of auto white balance in camera. So, not only were the midtones not balanced, and white points, but you have low color information from very little hue variations in the low CRI bulb reflecting back into the camera. Here's to fix manually if you're interested.
https://f1.creativecow.net/13510/3d-white-pointing-in-premiere?uploaded=fil...

The basic idea is to get rid of rapid variations of color/exposure in AE, then perfect in premiere with vectorscopes. Eyeballing it is never a good idea.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]