FORUMS: list search recent posts

Projecting a swimming pool onto a pool table

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Monty
Projecting a swimming pool onto a pool table
on Jul 5, 2019 at 4:53:35 pm

So I tried a test in photoshop with pictures and it was super easy, and I thought looked decent.

On the pool shot, I took a sharpie over my screen (over plastic) and lined up the swimming pool lines and then lined up the pool table shot. Everything is a static shot since I didn't want to have to do any crazy tracking.

I thought I'd give it a try with video in AE, but CC Power Pin is making it difficult to get the perspective to match. When I mask it, the pins move way off the corner of the screen and seem to be very finicky. In a way, I want to lock exactly where one corner pin is, but when I try to move another one, it just shifts it off and makes it unaligned.

Would this work better if I sent it to mocha? Is that even necessary? Can I reset the pins after I do my mask?

Thanks for any help!

Original Idea:

Best I can do in AE:

Here are the files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2lcgujhrbaetz9b/AABXKGfiDLXqibMIYEgx4HHba?dl=0

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Projecting a swimming pool onto a pool table
on Jul 5, 2019 at 5:23:22 pm

This will be easier if you make a comp for the swimming pool footage which just fits the pool in it. That way you will keep the corners at a manageable distance.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Projecting a swimming pool onto a pool table
on Jul 5, 2019 at 6:59:53 pm

this would be like 1 step in mocah...just draw the box once...make sure its alighned for the whole video then it will make the corner pins for you automatically

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]