FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I do these transitions?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcos Sanchez
How do I do these transitions?
on Jun 26, 2019 at 11:41:36 pm

Well, I wanna know how to do transitions that are found here. Like from picture to picture.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzMILJCFK6j/?igshid=ofazaqrykigb

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
Re: How do I do these transitions?
on Jun 27, 2019 at 11:14:50 pm

Basically there just comps within comps within comps. Research Nesting Comps; you'll find tons of examples.

Return to posts index

Marcos Sanchez
on Jun 28, 2019 at 4:00:52 am

Wait, so how would I do the zooms?

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Jun 28, 2019 at 7:44:53 am

Learn the basics Grasshopper. Learn the basics.

Return to posts index

Marcos Sanchez
on Jun 28, 2019 at 8:44:07 am

Dawg, All i was asking is how to do these type of transitions. I knew it was compositions inside of comps. You legit provided no help and are just here wasting my team. Yesh, why reply if it wasn't with the answer.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 28, 2019 at 4:45:36 pm

Start with doing two pictures. You use masking to make a hole in one image to reveal the other one. Parent them to each other so that when one moves, the other does too. You might also make use of 3d space to add a bit of interest to the motion.
Then, once you've gotten the technique down for it, just keep putting images inside other images.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Marcos Sanchez
on Jun 28, 2019 at 5:28:49 pm

I see, I've did the masking on the second picture to reveal the first one, but which one should I parent to which? The first to the second or second to first? Because if the 1st one becomes to small then it the black bars kick in and all that.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 28, 2019 at 5:30:59 pm

It doesn't really matter which you parent to which, I suppose. But if you're doing camera movement instead of moving the images, you don't need to do any parenting.
As for the black bars, yes, you'll see the edges of your images if they're not large enough to fit in the screen. Once an image gets too small, it should be inside another image to obscure that.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]