FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to animate a line of text into a simple rectangle shape

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sven Immelmann
How to animate a line of text into a simple rectangle shape
on Jun 19, 2019 at 12:01:04 pm

Hi everyone.

I need some help. I'm self-taught in After Effects and I'm struggling with an animation and I just need someone to point me in the right direction.

I've looked around online and I'm not really sure what to look for.

I have a project due where I need to do some creative typography. I've done this before, but one part of the animation requires me to turn a line of text into a simple rectangle shape, and I just can't get it right.

Attached are some screen shots.

I need this line of text to animate and look like....

This.

Forgive me for my stupidity. I'm sure this is something that's really easy to do. I tried converting my text to a shape, but then it looks like I need to animate the path of each letter into the shape and it doesn't look that good.

If someone could point me to the right direction to a tutorial or something, I will be really happy!

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: How to animate a line of text into a simple rectangle shape
on Jun 20, 2019 at 4:34:03 pm

how about you have the text flatten quickly into a line and then the line stretches and becomes a rectangle...that might make it easier and even more to the beat of the music

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
on Jun 20, 2019 at 4:57:20 pm

Hey Sven, few questions:

1. Do you want the text to actually turn into a 'line' to begin with, or it could be a perception only?
2. Do you use Text Animation engine?

There can be definitely many ways on achieving this, lets find the one for you ☺

Cheers!

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.
Boxer - Dynamic Text Boxes Template with a Live Preview

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 20, 2019 at 8:16:49 pm

I would use text animators to make it scale down in y and up in x (per character) in order to get it to roughly the right shape and then swap it for an actual stroke or rectangle when possible.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]