FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can AE read the sequence timecode embedded in a linked to AAF from AVID?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ernest Savage
Can AE read the sequence timecode embedded in a linked to AAF from AVID?
on Jun 15, 2019 at 3:37:35 am

I have a 42 minute show with 165 marginal green screens. I'd like to pull the keys in AE, so I have access to keylight, primatte, and anything I can throw at it. I sub-clipped out 165 individual AVID sequences for each green screen shot (foreground green screen (V2) and the background plate (V1). Each of these sequences has the original timecode from the master sequence. So if the green screen shot occurred at 1:10:00:00, then the new sequence of just that shot has that timecode. I exported the 165 sequences AAF's linked to media. I imported them into AE using ProImport. Everything looks good except...all AE comps start at 00:00:00:00.

Is there a way to get AE to read and use the sequence timecode from AVID, that is in an AAF imported using Pro Import? If I load the AAFs into Resolve, the timelines created by Resolve from the AVID AAFs have the correct timecode, which matches the AVID timecode.

Why is this important? Once I'm done keying, I can export out all comps (with the correct AVID timecode), AMA back into AVID, auto-sequence, cut the auto-sequence on a top layer, highlight all, option-down-arrow, and replace all 165 green screens at once.

If there is no way for AE to read the sequence timecode in the AAF from AVID, then I would love to know a way to auto transfer the metadata from the green screen foreground clips (V2) to the composition, and have that metadata bake into the file that's exported from AE. I could use camera roll, tape id, or reel name, and the source timecode. Is there a script for this? Then I could use the more traditional relink function in AVID.

After a long google search, I am apparently the only one that has ever tried to automate the re-conform of VFX back into AVID. What am I missing here? Do people just manually type in the timecode for every comp?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]