FORUMS: list search recent posts

Removing and Replacing an eyeball

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Taylor Lewis
Removing and Replacing an eyeball
on Jun 14, 2019 at 3:29:36 am

Alright, I am relatively new to AE. I'm working on a video where I need to replace the eyeball on a cyclops mask. I have figured out how to replace the eye and I've tracked it to the mask itself which looks really good. But the thing I don't like is that the eye is just stagnant and looks sort of dead. As I have studied and watched other eyes I've noticed that eyes are never completely still they are always wiggling a little bit even when they're staring straight forward. Is there some sort of preset or expression I can write to cause this slight wiggle. I just want to breathe a little bit of life into this eye.

I'm NOT looking for big movements like left to right or up and down. I know how to do those. I just a bunch of subtle little random movements that I don't have to make by creating an individual node for each movement.

Does this make sense haha?

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
Re: Removing and Replacing an eyeball
on Jun 14, 2019 at 7:42:32 am

Hey Taylor, look for adding subtle instances of fractal noise. It should help to create micro details.

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.
Boxer - Dynamic Text Boxes Template with a Live Preview

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Removing and Replacing an eyeball
on Jun 14, 2019 at 3:50:35 pm

You're better off moving the eye by hand. Why?

The movement of your own eyes are driven by what's going on in your head. You're looking at things that catch your eye. You're reading, perhaps. You're reacting to sounds. You're shifting your attention. It's NOT random.

So get inside the head of this cyclops character and animate the eye position realistically.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]