FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects 3D Camera Tracker

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sam miele
After Effects 3D Camera Tracker
on Jun 14, 2019 at 12:35:51 am

Hello, I really need help please!!!
Currently working on a video game video for a client and am trying to track 3d text to a 3d point using the 3d camera tracking tool. Everything is fine and dandy when I drag and drop it onto my footage of about 700 frames, however when its done the analysis for the background, as you may know, it then goes to solving camera. For some reason, it is stuck on "solving camera" and none of the points will show up. Last time it worked when I clicked create camera but for some reason now I am not even able to click the create camera button.
I own an iMac 2019, 16 gb ram, 1 tb of storage, and a Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB graphics.
Would really appreciate a reply! Thank you guys so much and I know your all very helpful, have a great day!

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
Re: After Effects 3D Camera Tracker
on Jun 14, 2019 at 7:47:14 am

Hey Sam, few things to consider:

1. Make sure under 'Advanced' section, 'Hide warning banner' is not checked.
2. Try to split the clip into small few seconds chunk and see whether it solves it. This is just for test purpose, to make sure it works.
3. Try pre-composing the shot and then apply Camera Tracker for pre-comp.

Its unlikely that problem is due to your system, but if video is super high res - it might take some time too. Let us know how it ends up. Cheers!

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.
Boxer - Dynamic Text Boxes Template with a Live Preview

Return to posts index

sam miele
on Jun 14, 2019 at 11:19:04 am

Wonderful! Thank you for the quick reply! Will definitely cut the clips up a little more and try that, imi probably just to impatient to wait an hour for my camera to solve ahaha, will get back to you.

Return to posts index

Doyle Lewis
on Jun 14, 2019 at 1:50:26 pm

If it is a video for a video game, is the footage a 3d render or live action? If it is a 3d render could the original artist export out the 3d Camera data to you? If so that would obviously give you the cleanest most accurate results.

Doyle Lewis,
Assistant Location Manager
Warner Brother Pictures

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Jun 17, 2019 at 7:38:41 pm

set the camera to typical...for some reason this usually helps

Return to posts index

sam miele
on Jun 17, 2019 at 9:52:17 pm

Ok sweet thanks! Turned out it worked and I actually was just making the clips to long haha

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 14, 2019 at 3:59:00 pm

The footage in the comp is probably the culprit. That's what I think.

It's probably captured at a too-high frame rate; 59.94 fps or 60 fps is just fine. Something like 200 fps is absolutely ridiculous despite what your video game boss thinks. Besides, the MAXIMUM frame rate in AE is 99 fps.
It's probably captured using a crummy codec, giving AE Fits. Use the best codec possible.
And even though it was set to capture at a set frame rate, chances are good it's actually in a variable frame rate, and AE can't do a thing with it. So it may need to be re-captured.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]