FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing same parameter over and over per keyframe: Quickest key shortcuts?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Sage
Changing same parameter over and over per keyframe: Quickest key shortcuts?
on Jun 10, 2019 at 3:37:01 pm

I find myself in the unenviable position of needing to change the Y scale value only for the same object tens of thousands of times (once per frame). This would be MUCH quicker if I could simply toggle between the page up/down for next/previous, and a simple key for adjusting the Y scale (1 pixel increments is fine).

Not sure how to do this, though. If I select the Y scale parameter (click on it so it's ready to accept typed input, then I can use the up/down arrows, but then it won't allow me to page up/down until I enter or otherwise accept the value.

Is there some way to set this up so it's just one keystroke for previous/next, and one keystroke for up/down value?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Changing same parameter over and over per keyframe: Quickest key shortcuts?
on Jun 10, 2019 at 6:57:41 pm

This is a bit confusing. Why do you feel it's necessary to do this every frame? Please describe what you're doing.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Greg Sage
Re: Changing same parameter over and over per keyframe: Quickest key shortcuts?
on Jun 11, 2019 at 4:17:55 am

Tracking the lowest point of an alpha edge of a piece of footage and making sure it lines up at a particular angle with an existing curve on a mask. Probably too hard to explain properly, and not mine to share screen grabs.

Halfway done now, but it's a major pain obviously. Doing all the general stuff like hitting extreme changes first, checking halfway between... but it still ends up being nearly per frame to get the accuracy I'm looking for.

Definitely digging into all possible details of all types of trackers to minimize the need to do anything like this in the future.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]