Removing Panaromic Distortion

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kalyan Tagore
Removing Panaromic Distortion
on Jun 9, 2019 at 11:23:32 am
Last Edited By Kalyan Tagore on Jun 9, 2019 at 11:26:06 am

Hello everyone,
I have a panaromic video (please refer the image link) - which will be projected onto a 360 (four walls) - (plz refer the youtube link)
How can I remove the (spherical) distortion from the 3d renders.
Can anyone please help.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/81337245/Panaroma360-Test?

Return to posts index

Kalyan Tagore
Re: Removing Panaromic Distortion
on Jun 9, 2019 at 11:28:57 am

This is the reference video link

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Jun 9, 2019 at 2:53:28 pm

If the four walls you're projecting onto are close to equal size, you can change the projection from equilateral (as in your original) to cubic projection (6 faces of a cube) in Skybox, omit the top and bottom ("floor" and "ceiling"), then split the four "walls" of the cube into four separate projections.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Kalyan Tagore
on Jun 9, 2019 at 6:18:11 pm

Thanks for the reply. The problem is, they are not equidistant... The basic shape of this room is like a cuboid. It's like , 2 walls of 4000px and other 2 walls are 2600px.
The total length of all walls put together would come around 13500px. And the height is 1500px.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Jun 10, 2019 at 7:36:57 am

My next approach would be to split the panorama into those 4 comps and use optics compensation to remove the distortion. You will need a different amount of the effect on the two differently-sized comps to make the image edges match. I doubt that they will match perfectly, since optics compensation works on both axis, but you have corners in the room anyways.

If you want something that appears more accurate -- i.e. (un)distorts only in one axis direction -- I believe you'll have to use a custom distortion mesh.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Jun 10, 2019 at 1:39:19 pm

You can use this on the individual walls (on an adjustment layer matching the size of the comp, for instance) and get something quite close to that transform.

13420_equilateraltocubicfaceunwarp.aep.zip

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]