FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lock waveform visual in timeline?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
evan patrick
Lock waveform visual in timeline?
on Jun 6, 2019 at 12:45:15 pm

I've searched for this but have found no solution. It is also a convoluted description that makes googling hard to do. Have you ever been in the situation where you are timing animation to an audio track, and using the waveform visualization tool "LL" to hit on specific beats? You keep working, and after a while you have a ton of layers stacked. Now you audio track (waveform) is at the top or bottom of the timeline stack which leaves you scrolling up to view it and down to move/edit layers. At first I thought I could duplicate/instance a timeline comp similar to the process of locking a composition window, but that doesn't seem to be an option. And using an audio spectrum visualizer effect is just not as clean as seeing the waveform laid out across the length of the timeline. Is there any solution to this?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
Re: Lock waveform visual in timeline?
on Jun 8, 2019 at 1:02:49 am

You can create a floating panel with the waveform visible. Precompose the layer, then ctrl+drag the precomp's tab away from the main comp and you will have a copy of the waveform visible at the same time. You can then use either of them to go to the time(s) you need.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]