FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making template lighter

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sergio Cabrera
Making template lighter
on Jun 3, 2019 at 12:52:28 am

I have a project with 300 scenes and it takes around 1 minute or 2 just to open the project file.

AE is in SSD1 and project is in SSD2, I have an 8700K with 32gb, so is not about the hardware.

Any way to make the project faster to load without deleting scenes? Maybe putting comps in folders or something, I don't know.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Making template lighter
on Jun 3, 2019 at 2:54:45 am

Not really. That sounds like a gigantic project file.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
on Jun 4, 2019 at 9:17:13 am

I guess during auto-saves it bugs even more to work with such project. My assumption is that you are working with 'template' project. Accordingly, when developing, think about the ways to structurally separate items into different projects, without loosing continuity between them.

Don't think there is real 'optimising' thing in such case, unless you could try to apply Dependencies, by removing unused items and reducing the project. However, if assets were prepared with clarify, this most likely will help minor to close to none.

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.
Boxer - Dynamic Text Boxes Template with a Live Preview

Return to posts index

Sergio Cabrera
on Jun 5, 2019 at 6:13:09 am

Yes, you're correct Tomas, I had to disable the auto-save function.

It is a project that I use as template to create videos for clients, depending on their scripts I would take the scenes that match the script. It includes shapes that dynamically change size to fit the amount of text.

Some effects require pre-composing which doubles the amount of compositions in the project.

This is what I've done:

1- Used default color/layer/slider controls to avoid using 1 more layer per scene. (Reduced 600 layers)
2- Pre-rendered every non-dynamic compositions and deleted hundreds of compositions. (Reduced 150 layers)
3- Started using -noui and rendering from jsx, so it won't load graphic interface. (Reduced loading time)

It helped a bit, but it seems like importing pre-rendered PNG sequences or MOV Alpha files from the SSD's takes some time as well... So I'm not pretty sure if that helped or not, the render time was lower this way for sure, but not changed a lot the project opening time.

Return to posts index

Greg C Neumayer
on Jun 5, 2019 at 5:14:49 pm

Nothwithstanding Thomas and Sergio's good advice, you might also look into a script/plugin that pre-renders and trims your footage to only being the portion that you actually need. This may help your load/auto-save times. I've had clients hand me a 1.5GB video file that only needs 5 seconds of the video. When it comes time to archive the project this can be a huge space saver as well.

Look up Auto Crop or Trim N Collect on aescripts.com

Return to posts index

Sergio Cabrera
on Jun 5, 2019 at 5:24:20 pm

Great advice Greg, I don't like aescripts.com because the scripts are encrypted, but seems like really cool solutions, will take them in mind.

Return to posts index

Greg C Neumayer
on Jun 5, 2019 at 5:29:50 pm

Yeah, calling them "scripts" is a bit confusing, because they're basically plug-ins. However, I've easily made my money back in saved time with some of their products.

Favorites:
Animation Master: (better than Ease N Wizz for adding that nice little bounce, and it's extendible),
Keysmith: (stop manually changing my default 33% ease to my preferred 60%)
Rift: (sequence layers or keyframes in multiple ways)

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Jun 5, 2019 at 7:39:51 pm

Your going to sell the template right? Well who would need 300 scenes? 100 is way more than enough...20 would be enough...but if you insist....what about breaking up the projects into 3 seperate projects and then merging the render results at the end

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]