FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fade in out characters and Tracking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mircea Donea
Fade in out characters and Tracking
on May 31, 2019 at 7:37:35 pm

I am trying to animate a title to Fade in and out characters as the text appears on the screen and scaling. I have seen this effect in Bourne Identity main title and if i use two text layers it appears rather jaggy. I use Range selector and added the Opacity set to 0%. To animate each characted to fade in Offset 100% and -100%.

However, my text scales up horisontally and then down but it should scale up only and when text overlaps it should continue scaling, and I believe with Tracking Amount. Tracking Amount doesn't do anything used with Range Selector apart from scaling it up even more and down again as before.

I've been struggling for so long kind assistance on this is very much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Fade in out characters and Tracking
on Jun 2, 2019 at 7:29:30 am

Because you're doing two effects that need to behave differently, you need to use two separate animators.

First animator value would increase throughout (tracking) and the other would increase then decrease (opacity).

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Steven Donea
Re: Fade in out characters and Tracking
on Jun 6, 2019 at 12:04:33 am

Oh, this explains the strange behavior ... Thank you, it helps a lot.

Just one little problem, what about Animator 1, the characters should appear like scaling up? With the curent settings the characters scale down together Offset 100% and -100%.

Changing the Offset values for Animator 1 brakes the opacity effect. Some characters appear clear at the beginning, and fade out at the end. Only it should really have been the other way around. If I add Animator 2 for opacity Offset 0% and 100%, and change the Offset values for Animator 1 the characters fade out at the end.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]