FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to explode text into characters, then convert each generated layer to shape using script

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noelia Sanchez
How to explode text into characters, then convert each generated layer to shape using script
on May 29, 2019 at 1:00:40 pm

Hello,
I am not very good when it comes to scripting, so I came here to ask for help.
What I try to achieve is exactly what the title says: to explode text into characters (on separate layers), then create a shape from each generated text layer using a script - basically, select the text layer and run a script that does this.

I know that this command creates shapes from a text layer: app.executeCommand(app.findMenuCommandId("Create Shapes from Text"));
but I can't make it work with multiple selected layers... it only works if I select each layer separately.

Also, I don't know how to explode the text into characters.

Maybe someone could help me.

Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Oleg Pirogov
Re: How to explode text into characters, then convert each generated layer to shape using script
on May 29, 2019 at 2:40:18 pm

Quick question: why not the other way around? Converting single text layer to shapes will get you a shape layer with neat sub-layers for each character which you can transfer to separate layers, if you wish.

Return to posts index

Noelia Sanchez
Re: How to explode text into characters, then convert each generated layer to shape using script
on May 29, 2019 at 6:37:10 pm

Because I need each letter of the text on a separate layer in order to animate it... and it will be a lot of text

Return to posts index

Noelia Sanchez
on May 29, 2019 at 6:38:51 pm

And I also don't know an automated way to separate the shape sublayers from the single shape layer that will be generated

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on May 31, 2019 at 3:33:54 pm

Perhaps your wishing to script your own, but have you check out this from Mamoworld?

https://aescripts.com/textexploder/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]