FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color correction / Color grading animation? Is this a thing for 2D (vector) animation within After Effects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wouter Dijkstra
Color correction / Color grading animation? Is this a thing for 2D (vector) animation within After Effects?
on May 21, 2019 at 9:05:48 pm

Hi guys,

I was wondering if Color Correction or Color Grading is actually a thing that is done for 2D (vector) animation. To act a little more feel/depth/contrast to the the video. I am aware that textures (like paper or noise) can already help a lot, but though the live-action film industry would always add Color Correction and Color Grading to finish the film, I am unaware if this is a thing within 2D vector animation.

I know I can see for myself and start adding the curves-effect and see what it does, but maybe it's more common to just get your colours right before you start animating. This question is pure out of curiosity and to be taught about the usual workflow.

Where I do find great tutorials about texturing vector-art. I don't see any Color Correction video's that describe the steps for Correcting or Grading 2D animation. Except for this one from BLOOP Animation:

Still I'm not sure, again, if this is the best way to do it. Anyone maybe can tell me what he thinks is the way to do it and to give the final animation an (even) better feel?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]