FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alternative to Track Matte (Alpha).

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maria Ribeiro
Alternative to Track Matte (Alpha).
on May 20, 2019 at 5:57:42 pm

Hello, I hope everyone's doing well. I'm currently dealing with a situation that I haven't solved yet and I'm kindly asking for any input or suggestions you might have. I'm working on a new project, which is finally done, and the client wants me to export tiny clips to JSON to use on his website. Therefore, I've installed Bodymovin, which works with Lottie, a Javascript library that loads that JSON file. And everything turned out fine until I went by the last bit which has an Alpha Matte applied and it doesn't work, because Lottie doesn't support that feature yet. It exports the actual shape layers inside that pre-comp (with lots of animated shapes). This pre-comp has a Track Matte to reveal the pre-comp above. So, I was thinking if there's an alternative for the Track Matte feature that has the same or, at least, a similar outcome. Thank you so much and I really appreciate any feedback regarding this issue. Have a nice week, everyone!

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
Re: Alternative to Track Matte (Alpha).
on May 20, 2019 at 6:46:17 pm

Hello Maria, are you really sure its an issue of the track matte? The thing is - I never experienced any problems with it, and based on the supported features list, there shouldn't be any.

What else might be the case - its the way how shapes are grouped in the shape layers. Be aware:
1. If you converted .ai files to shapes, chances are high that inner structure of shapes group must be cleaned up.
2. If your shape layers has merge paths inside - it will fail too. Workarounds should be used to avoid this.

If none of the above valid, make sure no other non-supported feature is not used. Alpha Track Mattes shouldn't cause issues. Let us know how it turns out!

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.
Boxer - Dynamic Text Boxes Template with a Live Preview

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]