FORUMS: list search recent posts

Guidance wanted for creating scatter/morph effect with rotoscope layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Mullin
Guidance wanted for creating scatter/morph effect with rotoscope layer
on May 20, 2019 at 12:04:57 am

I have a clip in a video, (where the source was actually 16mm film) of a man standing in front of the ocean. I've rotoscoped the man and was able to apply AE's Shatter effect but I want to really do more than I think the Shatter effect can do.

I'd like the man to slowly explode, and have the pieces transform into different shapes, that move towards and past the viewer, then reverse and fly out along the Z-axis towards the horizon where they vanish.

I figure there must be 500 ways to do this and am willing to do it myself, but I really need some direction so I can explore different methods. Although I've used AE for years, I don't use it often, so for every new need, I move very slowly.

Can I post the current rendered output file so folks can see what I've done so far?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Charlie

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Guidance wanted for creating scatter/morph effect with rotoscope layer
on May 20, 2019 at 12:09:00 pm

There's a file upload icon above the message text field. You can upload a file that way, but I don't recall what the file size limit is.

Do you have Particular or Form or other particle plugins, of are you aiming at doing this with the built-in effects?

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Charlie Mullin
Re: Guidance wanted for creating scatter/morph effect with rotoscope layer
on May 20, 2019 at 12:55:22 pm

Hi Kalleheikki:

I was hoping to rely on the AE built-in effects, but if Particle, Form, or other plug-ins provide easier or more efficient ways to achieve what I want, I could go that route.

Later today, I'll send another reply with an attachment -- maybe the AE file itself, unless it's too fat, or a rendered output file.

Thanks for your swift reply.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]