FORUMS: list search recent posts

CC Force Motion Blur not working properly

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mervin James
CC Force Motion Blur not working properly
on May 18, 2019 at 12:36:12 pm
Last Edited By Mervin James on May 18, 2019 at 12:38:26 pm

So like the title says I'm searching for some help with trying to get this motion blur to work. I'ts on an adjustment layer with keyframes. What I'm trying to create is
the zoom transition from Sam Kolder that's all over the net. It works inside the comp with the adjustment layer just fine... but when ever I try to use the transition in another comp, it darkens my footage or image. Almost like the contrast or something has been turned waaaay up. If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it. I've included the test file made in AE 2015. Thanks

Ive had to use google to upload the file as it won't allow me to on here for whatever reason.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PEYhFMU6gQISSDE4c0I5qX-OeGr_sLwc

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
Re: CC Force Motion Blur not working properly
on May 18, 2019 at 2:55:37 pm
Last Edited By Tomas Bumbulevičius on May 18, 2019 at 2:56:39 pm

Hey Mervin, any chance you share background images as well to have a full picture of the problem?

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.
Dynamic Text Boxes Template with a Live Preview

Return to posts index

Mervin James
on May 18, 2019 at 4:20:01 pm

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for your response. The first one shows inside of the transition comp and it works just fine. Second is me actually trying to use the transition on two images and everything goes dark. If I turn the CC Force Motion blur effect off then the images show as normal but without motion blur obviously.

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
on May 18, 2019 at 5:01:00 pm

Mervin,

got it, thanks. I just replaced placeholders with custom images and can confirm the following:
1. The transition doesn't work when adjustment layer is kept in pre-comp and added in the other composition on top of layers.
2. The lightness of visuals drops down significantly only due to the motion blur effect.
3. The same happens on CC 2019, disregarding whether there are images or vectors below the transition layer comp.

My presumption - just like some other effects, it simply doesn't work with collapse transformation applied. And without it - its impossible to bypass the settings applied on the adjustment layer.

Not the most beautiful workaround - but seems like images has to be added inside the transition comp and be duplicated for each use case. Unless someone can shine a different perspective into this.

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.
Boxer - Dynamic Text Boxes Template with a Live Preview

Return to posts index

Mervin James
on May 19, 2019 at 12:06:01 pm

Thanx for your response Tomas. Collapse transformation is definately the issue. I'll head over to the adobe forums but still hoping some one else here can have a work around if possible. Anyone?

Return to posts index

Filip Vandueren
on May 19, 2019 at 12:53:07 pm

Is it actual darkening, or is it a lower opacity against a black background ?
If it’s the latter you can work around it by changing your alpha white point with the levels effect

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]