FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D Sound Plugin/Script?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Ammons
3D Sound Plugin/Script?
on May 17, 2019 at 11:18:45 pm

Hi there!
Are there any scripts or plugins out there that can simulate a 3d sound environment and allow the editing of "positions" of different sound layers? As of now, I have just been using the stereo mixer effect and changing the left and right level/pan parameters to "move" the sound around, but is there anything out there that is more accurate/efficient?

Return to posts index

Filip Vandueren
Re: 3D Sound Plugin/Script?
on May 19, 2019 at 1:09:44 pm

Many many moons ago I did a test of a Doppler effect:

Every Audiosource was represented by a 3D positioned Null, the camera’s 3D positions was the position of a virtual microphone.
Then I enabled timeremapping on the audio layers and added a tiny offset to the value based on the distance between sound source and microphone, probably also an expression on the audio level that did the same for distance attenuation.

That just at right out worked ☺ a sound of a motor at a constant pitch did perfect Doppler when the null moved past the camera/mic position

In your case there would have to be a separate comp for each of your virtual mic positions.

Return to posts index

Filip Vandueren
on May 19, 2019 at 1:14:48 pm

Ha! Found it...
https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/868656#868891

13 years ago (!)

Here are the project files since those links are no longer active:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ns1ghybcc1owcop/AABFAndCm04fq7Ja0Qk1A84Na?dl=0

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 20, 2019 at 2:51:57 am

It's called 5.1 Surround. DO NOT try this stuff in AE! It's the worst audio application on Planet Earth because it isn't meant for complex sound work. This is a job for a video editing application.

Just dont even consider AE for this, okay?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]