FORUMS: list search recent posts

Automatically put a keyframe on all other "keyframed properties" at current Time Indicator when putting a keyframe at just one keyframed property

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wouter Dijkstra
Automatically put a keyframe on all other "keyframed properties" at current Time Indicator when putting a keyframe at just one keyframed property
on May 15, 2019 at 9:34:48 am

Hi Cows!

Hope this is an easy one. I'm doing some lip-syncing and when I put a change one value of a property I want also the other values that are using the Keyframe Stopwatch will put a keyframe (even when they are not changed). I am hoping for a way to do this automatically so I don't have to put a "normal/unchanged" keyframe at each property manually.

Any ideas? A sort of button should say: Hey someone got keyframed, Let's put a keyframe everywhere even if nothing changed!"

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Automatically put a keyframe on all other "keyframed properties" at current Time Indicator when putting a keyframe at just one keyframed property
on May 15, 2019 at 3:06:00 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on May 15, 2019 at 8:21:46 pm

I used to do that by hand a long time ago: make keyframes for everything, even if there's no change. It took about three tries for me to realize it got really confusing really fast if there were changes necessary. It would have taken one or two tries if I wasn't so stubborn & convinced I was right. But I wasn't.

I think you're better off not doing what you want to do.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
Re: Automatically put a keyframe on all other "keyframed properties" at current Time Indicator when putting a keyframe at just one keyframed property
on May 15, 2019 at 11:31:15 pm

Hi. You can select all your properties as a group and press the new keyframe icon and all selected properties will be affected. Next time only one new keyframe will be created but you can again select all properties etc.

Return to posts index

Wouter Dijkstra
on May 16, 2019 at 9:03:58 am

Thank you guys!

@Dave LaRonde Yes it does get messy, I agree, but I sometimes forget putting keyframes and it messes up the mouth rig even more.

For now I will go with your way @Greg, I already figured that one out. I was just hoping there was a more fast way to do it.

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
on May 17, 2019 at 6:42:10 pm

Wouter - since you mentioned rigging as the process where you would use this feature.. If not used already, I strongly recommend to consider this tool: https://aescripts.com/joysticks-n-sliders/

Its great by all means and functionality of adding keyframes by a single button click is there too.

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.

Return to posts index

Wouter Dijkstra
on May 18, 2019 at 4:32:50 pm

Thank you Tommy! I was actually already using Joysticks and Sliders (and than the slider-function, for pose to pose animation). But if I don't want to pass other mouth shapes I stil need to animate each sliders for each mouth pose individually. It's the way it is , still works very userfriendly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]