FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving object from moving footage into static footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Iiris Maki
Moving object from moving footage into static footage
on May 14, 2019 at 11:03:45 am

Hi,

I have a static footage of the forest, where I am trying to insert a walking bear. The bear footage, that I have roto'd the bear out of, has the a moving camera that follows the bear. This results in the bear somewhat walking in one spot, but obviously not completely, as there is manual camera movement. What is the best way of inserting the bear into the forest, so that it will actually move forwards?

I have tracked the bear footage and I have the camera motion data in a null layer. If I parent the forest to the null, the bear will move logically within the forest, but then my background forest will move off screen. Is there a way to pin/fix the background and have the other movement work according to that? Or is there a way to do like a reverse parenting or something?

Cheers!

Return to posts index

Filip Vandueren
Re: Moving object from moving footage into static footage
on May 14, 2019 at 7:38:17 pm

I would just be tracking the foot of the bear manually
While a foot is on the ground, keep that at the same position in your comp by animating the anchorpoint (use some guides as an erm… guide) if the foot leaves the ground, move your guides to a different foot and keep that stationary etc.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Moving object from moving footage into static footage
on May 15, 2019 at 4:36:58 am

Sorry, but you're probably out of luck. It doesn't sound like you put any thought into the background over which this rotoed bear would go. To make it work, you would have had to match all the camera moves.

You did say it was hand-held, right? Any idea how you would match that kind of camera movement?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]