FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound effects, transitions, motion presets ... where can I get these elementary bricks to build my wall

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicolas Guionnet
Sound effects, transitions, motion presets ... where can I get these elementary bricks to build my wall
on May 12, 2019 at 5:24:51 pm

Hi,

On my way to build my tutorials, I have a lot of things to do and any time saver is welcome. For instance, I am not going to record myself all the Bam ! zzzzeeeee ! and ping ! I need to make my videos more vivid.

Same thing for a lot of elements like common 2D animations, transitions between 2 scenes and so on ...

I am still relatively new to the After Effect biosphere ... a lot of things exist ... and asking the more experienced guys when choosing between the existing tools, is a good idea.

I found a plugin that provides these things :
https://misterhorse.tv/products

Do you know this "Animation Composer"
Do you know any alternative ?

Thanks !

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Sound effects, transitions, motion presets ... where can I get these elementary bricks to build my wall
on May 13, 2019 at 2:55:05 am

Oh, Lord, that's just what the world needs: someone else with almost zero AE experience making half-assed AE tutorials.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nicolas Guionnet
Re: Sound effects, transitions, motion presets ... where can I get these elementary bricks to build my wall
on May 13, 2019 at 7:52:27 am

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your answer.

Well, did I mention any AE tutorial ?

A "Build your own aircraft carrier" tutorial would not be more absurd in my case. (although I no nothing about aircraft carriers).

My tutorials with stay in the field I have been studying and teaching for 30 years.

At least, thanks to your message, I have learnt the expression "half-assed". It is lovely, I will use it.

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
on May 13, 2019 at 6:40:31 am

Can't agree more with Dave.

On the other hand, it's nothing bad to prefer/want faster workflows and efficiency. Just keep in mind that with pre-made content in your own tutorials creation process, you might fall short - simply because it reflects your values.

If you are really up to tutorials creation, better create few custom assets on your own and use them where applicable. Less is more - if content you are about to produce going to be good, it will be vivid enough without the overused bang and whistles incorporation.

Good luck!

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.

Return to posts index

Adam Lewen
on May 13, 2019 at 7:43:03 am

I also Agree with the above, If you are new to AE and would like to learn, don't start from the shortcuts.
With that being said, as for you question, MisterHorse is a great and powerful tool where the base product they have is free.

Return to posts index

Nicolas Guionnet
on May 13, 2019 at 8:10:13 am

Hi Adam, Thanks !

I said I am new to AE, but not quite quite new. I have been using AE enough these last months to know how ... to guess ... how MisterHorse made most of their stuff. But I am in a hurry. I need to focus on what I do best.

I am glad to hear your opinion about MisterHorse. It seems that they are number one for that kind of product. Don't hesitate to tell me if you know any interesting alternative.

At least, i will soon test their free base product.

One more thing, let me clarify this one more time :

My tutorials (I should say online courses) are not about After Effects ! 😅
That would be totally half-assed (Thanks Dave, that's really a lovely expression.)

Return to posts index

Nicolas Guionnet
on May 13, 2019 at 7:56:41 am

Hi Tomas, thanks !

I understand, creating few custom assets is something I can do ... but for sounds, for instance, it would be a lot of work.

In fact, I don't have enough time to reinvent the wheel.

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
on May 13, 2019 at 9:33:34 am

Nicolas, the fact is - you haven't mentioned what tutorials it might be - and guess by default what topic we thought instantly without even thinking, haha!

So you have two paths - either owning few templates and picking items/customising, which you would prefer to have and then pimp them with sounds from sfx packages, or look for a all-inclusive option (sorry, don't know good examples to recommend here).

Cheers!

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.

Return to posts index

Davi Herold
on May 24, 2019 at 8:40:00 am

Go for Freesound.org for sound effects and You-Tube Audio Library for music and sound effects. You can also use User Presets on After Effects to create your own "Motion Library".

Return to posts index

Davi Herold
on May 24, 2019 at 8:45:36 am

Sorry for making two in a row, I just remembered, you can search aescripts.com for free/name your price scripts, like Squash & Stretch, Ease and Wizz, Bodymovin, Ouroboros 2 etc.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

Nicolas Guionnet
on May 24, 2019 at 2:09:01 pm

Thank you Davi !

I checked YouTube Audio Library.
A lot of things seem to be quite usable in a video ... I mean, everything I heard was pretty decent.
And there is loads of tracks available.

Freesound.org is interesting .... everything is not very pro, but I found what I was looking for ...
Great !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]