FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red Giant particular animation in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Burke
Red Giant particular animation in AE
on May 8, 2019 at 5:10:17 pm

I am trying to create some flower growing on a tree branch and then fall off. I successfully got the flowers to grow along the path utilizing a Mask Emitter however, I am having 2 issues:

1- The flower die within 5 seconds. If I change the Life setting to a longer life they do not grow as fast. I was able to use physics time factor to adjust this and it works as a fix now but is there a better way to do so?

2- How can I make the flowers fall randomly? Currently if I increase wind or gravity the whole path falls.

Thank you for any thoughts.

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Red Giant particular animation in AE
on May 8, 2019 at 7:20:00 pm

You wont be able to get that kind of control over Particular's particles. You'll need something more robust that could pass particles from stage to stage. I'm not sure AE has anything like that available for it.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Wang RuiXin
on May 9, 2019 at 11:45:24 am

Hi there.
1. I think that’s because your bath particular is too low. So when you wanna make the particulars hav a longer life. On this time point the number of particulars are reach the limit. They can’t bath new particulars on this time unless in this time point there are some particulars were died.

2. If you wanna this flowers randomly dispirited. You can try the Luma texture. Give the texture a ramp to control the direction,speed. Also you can give the texture the noise effect. Put the channel on Luma.

Hope that’s can help you. And I really wanna know how do you creat the flower animation on AE soft?

https://videohive.net/user/untruelife

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on May 9, 2019 at 8:39:33 pm
Last Edited By Kalleheikki Kannisto on May 9, 2019 at 8:41:20 pm

Not sure if it will work for this purpose, but perhaps emitting an auxiliary particle (the falling flower) upon main particle end-of-life...?

Actually, motion path might work better. You can keep the flowers in place for a few seconds, then have them follow a path down so as to fall.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Joe Burke
on May 9, 2019 at 10:05:51 pm

Hi Kalleheikki Kannisto,

This is an interesting idea, motion path for each flower. Thank you for your thoughts.

Best,
Joe

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on May 10, 2019 at 6:54:08 am

You just need one motion path , applied to all particles. If you randomize the life of the particle and add some turbulence that fades in over life it should hide the fact they're doing the same motion.
I've used this successfully in a reverse situation with flowers growing on the ground and then floating up in the air after a while.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]