FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera Movement: Keeping camera still and make everything else move (what to do with rotating arm?)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wouter Dijkstra
Camera Movement: Keeping camera still and make everything else move (what to do with rotating arm?)
on May 5, 2019 at 1:00:32 pm
Last Edited By Wouter Dijkstra on May 5, 2019 at 1:01:16 pm

The arm gives me trouble. I want someone filming himself in the mirror. The arm should move with the camera, but shouldn't move like all the other objects in the room. In the video I try to show my problem. The end shows the result I am looking for.

http://f1.creativecow.net/13321/13321'>13321_cameramovement.mp4.zip

I am looking for a way to first move the Arm/Camera (with keyframes) and than with expressions make it "still" again.

Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Camera Movement: Keeping camera still and make everything else move (what to do with rotating arm?)
on May 6, 2019 at 6:36:57 am

I would not go the complicated way of first moving the camera and then reversing everything. Just move everything but the camera. Link the arm to the non-moving camera and the bear to it, then the position of the background objects to the bear. Done.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Camera Movement: Keeping camera still and make everything else move (what to do with rotating arm?)
on May 6, 2019 at 6:38:58 am

To keep something parented from rotating, subtract the parent's rotation from the child object's rotation.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Wouter Dijkstra
on May 6, 2019 at 1:43:17 pm

Thank you! I go see if it works ☺

I wanted to move the camera first because he is standing in a mirror and it was animated more "naturally". I appreciate helping me out!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]