FORUMS: list search recent posts

ISO of a specific effect resource or tutorials - F1 2019 Season Launch Video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate Hess
ISO of a specific effect resource or tutorials - F1 2019 Season Launch Video
on May 5, 2019 at 4:54:44 am

I saw this great effect on a video that I'd like to recreate. I believe I've seen it before in a few other pieces of content and I think it could be useful and lead to some other cool uses. Anyone have any idea of where I can find some resources to explain this effect or have any tutorials that show how the editor/designers may have created it? I'm particularly interested in the pixel distortion/stretch type portions. I pretty familiar with after effects...so if anyone has some guesses on different combos of effects I can tool around myself too!

Any insight is more than welcome! Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: ISO of a specific effect resource or tutorials - F1 2019 Season Launch Video
on May 5, 2019 at 7:54:54 am

Trapcode Form and Stardust and just about the only plugins that can do strings within AE, and neither of them could give you that result, so I would say you'll have to look into Cinema 4D for something that advanced. Along these lines except with an image source for color and camera tracking for placement:

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Nate Hess
Re: ISO of a specific effect resource or tutorials - F1 2019 Season Launch Video
on May 5, 2019 at 9:25:33 am

Appreciate the response. Will look at those...parts of it seemed to be sampling the image around the effect? Almost felt like some form of a faked light trial and not like it had been separately created? Will share some screen shots for reference in case it helps decipher.

Return to posts index

Max Haller
on May 7, 2019 at 3:13:29 pm

It sort of seems like the liquify effect with some noise displacement added and then screened back onto the video. Maybe something to isolate the colors and crush the darks so it screens well. I'm not sure of any plugins that would do that but maybe someone more knowledgeable will have a better answer. Interesting effect tho!

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on May 8, 2019 at 1:34:58 pm
Last Edited By Kalleheikki Kannisto on May 8, 2019 at 1:41:37 pm

The streaks behind the cars could possibly be achieved in AE with a masked build-up effect, i.e. use echo on a layer which has just those parts that you want to streak masked out and tracked (perhaps with rotobrush), but you need to time warp the footage with pixel motion blend to generate a LOT more in-between frames to get those smooth streaks. Unfortunately it's more complex than that, since the streaks move with the footage, they don't just stay in the place they were in the original frame.

A very complex 3D tracked particle effect could possibly get that result as well. Using a layer emitter matched to the parts you want the streaks originating from (which also makes it possible to derive the color from the image) with particular and auxiliary particles for the strings and streams...

It is really a rather advanced effect.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]