<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Triplett
goes with previous post
on May 2, 2019 at 5:40:07 pm

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: goes with previous post
on May 2, 2019 at 6:19:17 pm

Well, disregard my post on your previous topic, I see now that you figure out how to upload an image.

Unfortunately I still fail to see the problem. Please try to explain what you're trying to achieve with that selected image layer.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Bill Triplett
on May 2, 2019 at 6:26:29 pm

The image or camera seems to tilt and skew in the transformed image.

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on May 2, 2019 at 7:27:14 pm

And? Do you want to know HOW to do that? Or is it a template that you bought and it's not doing what it supposed to do?

I can see the difference between the two images. But I still fail to see what is your question.

Cassius Marques

Return to posts index

Bill Triplett
on May 2, 2019 at 8:49:50 pm

The image "transformed image" is from a template video the was on a hard drive that died. I'm trying to roughly recreate it, at least the motion of it.

I am not sure how else to say it. Do you see the red rectangles on the left? In the transformed image, which is a video, they remain the same shape and size. When I try to re create the motion and change the orientation the top becomes smaller and the bottom larger. Please forgive me, English is my 1st language but you wouldn't know it from this post. I'll try to attach video.

Return to posts index

Bill Triplett
on May 2, 2019 at 9:09:18 pm

I rendered the old template video into a small segment but it is 74 mb avi. Won't upload.

Return to posts index

Bill Triplett
on May 2, 2019 at 9:18:31 pm

The original segment from the template video can be viewed at https://thetriplettgroup.net/pics/samplevideo.avi

I would like to duplicate the video

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on May 3, 2019 at 12:05:42 pm
Last Edited By Cassius Marques on May 3, 2019 at 12:13:39 pm

Well, I'm not sure how you're trying to transform them now. But that video only has those layers, turned 3d, displaced in the Z axis with a camera pivoting around a null OR a static camera and the layers themselves are rotating around a null. The only transformation that goes is them moving in Z while revealing with opacity. The rest is the perspective that originates from the camera's FOV from rotating in Y while being slightly slanted in X and Z.

Cassius Marques

Return to posts index

Bill Triplett
on May 3, 2019 at 10:38:09 pm

Thank you. I'll try again this weekend.

Have appointments the rest of the day.

Return to posts index

Bill Triplett
on May 5, 2019 at 3:53:36 pm

Dang, I guess I'm lost. Moving anything on the Z axis just seems to twist the left side up and down or the right side up and down.

I've tried pinning the camera to a null object as well as trying all of the other layers pinned to the null. I can't believe this is over my head.

Return to posts index

Bill Triplett
on May 5, 2019 at 3:59:06 pm

I have a null object with orientations X12, Y21 and Z4. The problem is that the red rectangles on the left "distort" with the top ones being ok but the bottom ones now appear wider.

Return to posts index

Max Haller
on May 6, 2019 at 9:52:45 pm

Hey Bill I'm reading your posts and I watched that Avi video you posted. Are you new to after effects? it might be tricky for you to recreate whats happening that template. Might just save yourself a lot of hassle and buy a similar template for like 30 bucks.

The part where the image of house breaks into a grid and rotates looks like it will be a good amount of work and also difficult to explain. If you're not too concerned with the fancy grid rotating aspect it should be easy enough though.

really what cassius said is right, I think maybe you need to check if your camera is two nodes or 1 node. Because if you're saying its rotating weird when you move the camera you probably have to animate the point of interest as well. I think its just under camera options when u click the arrow down on the camera layer.

You want to be animating the Y rotation of the camera and the position of the point of interest, or potentially just the POI. Play around and see if that helps. And then of course you want to be animating the picture of the house moving through Z position as 3D layer. And it looks like the frame has 2 copies that are moved back in the Z Position also.

Return to posts index

Bill Triplett
on May 7, 2019 at 8:10:34 pm

I'm not totally new to after effects. Don't use it often enough. Can't find that template any longer and tried to find someone to re-create it but without success.

Thank you for your input. I'll get on it again this afternoon. I'm sure I'll be posting the results again soon

Return to posts index

Bill Triplett
on May 13, 2019 at 9:09:28 pm

I have searched and searched for that template or a similar one. Any ideas as to where I might find such a template or someone that would be willing to re create it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]