FORUMS: list search recent posts

Layer not working

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Cox
Layer not working
on Apr 29, 2019 at 3:28:45 pm

I'm having a hard time working out how to create a cylinder shape 3 dimensional on my composition. I'm using the geometry options using segments and curvature to create a half cylinder but it's no longer 3d in my main comp. It's just showing as that white screen from the 2d perspective. Where could I be going wrong? (unlike the picture I did have 3D box checked, I had just turned it off to see if there was a difference)
I'm still new to after effects so It's probably something so simple that I've missed

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Layer not working
on Apr 29, 2019 at 5:51:22 pm

Sorry, but we don't see enough of the user interface to spot any problems.

But in the shot you give us, I DO see potential problems: mp3 files. There are all kinds of mp3's, and some of them give AE -- and other applications -- real fits.

Take 'em into Audition, use the multitrack feature, pan 'em right & left and make real stereo wav or aiff files, 16 bits, 48 kHz sampling. They'll work in ANYTHING, and the larger file sizes will be negligible compared to video file sizes.

And while you're at it, you may not even need audio files in your AE project. I find it's best to work with audio in Premiere Pro: it's much, Much, MUCH easier to tweak audio in PP than it is in AE. As an audio editing application, there's nothing worse than AE. I only use audio in AE for reference. 99.99% of the time I render my AE work with no audio. I NEVER have sync problems, even when I need lip-sync audio.

Okay, Microsoft Word is a worse audio editor than AE, but what do expect from a word processor?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]