FORUMS: list search recent posts

Box around text

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
aldegonde le compte
Box around text
on Apr 29, 2019 at 10:03:25 am

I am trying to edit a AE template

I have a white box around text. I guessed this was a mask, bur cannot find where to edit the white box. I want the size to be adapted to the text.

Can someone give me a hint.

Next to the T on the timeline i have a dot in a square , what is the meaning of that ? Is that a linked mask and if yes how do we edit it ?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Box around text
on Apr 29, 2019 at 10:50:41 pm

I suggest looking at the instructions that come with the template. It's usually a readme document.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Max Haller
on May 1, 2019 at 9:18:33 pm

Yes that means theres a track matte above that layer. See that icon of the dude sticking his nose over a fence that's in blue in the top right of your layer panel? Thats the shy toggle, click that and it'll show you the matte that's been hidden above the text.

Or the text might be the matte and the square is taking the inverted alpha. but when u click that shy toggle button you'll see more layers show up and you can experiment from there. And like dave said there should be some documentation with the template to help you make changes.

Return to posts index

aldegonde le compte
on May 2, 2019 at 9:31:12 am

Thank you so much,

I didn't found that in the documentation.

Thought so this was hidden andI tried all possible shortcuts to make that shape layer viewable. Now I know ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]