FORUMS: list search recent posts

Morph Effect by Compositing Two Shots

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Campbell
Morph Effect by Compositing Two Shots
on Apr 28, 2019 at 9:53:43 pm

Hey everyone -

I'm currently in post on a feature and am handling some compositing. In the scene I'm working on, a character grows some flowers out of the ground and then crushes them. The on-set handling of this was: shoot one shot with character raise her hand and then come down, then shoot second shot in same position with physical flower in the ground for her to crush.

This works well for her raising her hand and (with masks) her "growing" the flower" and for her crushing it, but the transition from one shot to the other, even using localized masks, is still pretty rickety. I've attached some photos for example. If anyone has any advice to offer, I'd love to hear it, I've tried this a few different ways and am hitting a wall. There are a few other moments in the film shot using this technique.

Thanks very much!

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
Re: Morph Effect by Compositing Two Shots
on Apr 29, 2019 at 1:18:49 am

Hi. Can you mask out one of the heads and replace it with the other? i.e. replace the head without the flower (in the lower image?) with the one above it - if that makes sense.

Return to posts index

Peter Campbell
on Apr 29, 2019 at 1:21:20 am

[Greg Gesch] "Hi. Can you mask out one of the heads and replace it with the other? i.e. replace the head without the flower (in the lower image?) with the one above it - if that makes sense."

Totally - tried that out, and although it works pretty well for the actual head, there's still the issue that at one point, one of the hands has to switch to the other to crush the flowers.

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
on Apr 29, 2019 at 11:54:33 pm

Other thought, can you mask the crushing hand and reverse it so that it rises and then crushes?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]